Walk for Wellbeing - Royal London Parks Challenge 2023
Bookings for Walk for Wellbeing - Royal London Parks Challenge have now closed. If you are still interested in raising money for the Charlie Waller Trust, why not take part in our Virtual Walk for Wellbeing?
Walk for Wellbeing - Side by side for mental health
One in four adults and one in 10 children experience mental illness, and many more of us know and care for people who do. For those struggling with their mental health, talking about it is usually the first step to getting better.
The Charlie Waller Trust is all about helping people to talk about their mental health, to learn to take care of themselves and get the support they need.
Whatever our experience, sharing it with others can be very positive. Knowing we’re not alone with difficult feelings can be a huge relief. Often we don’t even have to talk in any detail – just knowing that others have been in a similar place can be enough to give us hope.
That’s part of the thinking behind our Walk for Wellbeing, a marathon-length hike through London’s stunning royal parks. As Lucy says, "Supporting my daughter through depression and an eating disorder is one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. Going for long walks with my dog and a good friend, made a massive difference to my own wellbeing. It was a way to ‘let off steam’ in a healthy way and just by walking and talking with someone who I felt really cared, helped keep me feeling hopeful."
Why not join us for World Mental Health Day on this amazing trek through the capital’s most beautiful scenery? You and your fellow trekkers may all come from different walks of life, but you can be sure there’s one thing we all share: an understanding of mental health challenges and a passion for increasing everyone’s wellbeing.
Walk for Wellbeing 2023 - London Royal Parks Challenge
Join fellow supporters of the Charlie Waller Trust on our inaugural UK Walk for Wellbeing London Royal Parks Challenge and help us continue our crucial work.
You will trek 45km through all 10 Royal Parks in London in a single day! This fantastic route will take you across historic parkland and beautiful green spaces, while passing some of the finest architecture in London.
Minimum age for participants in the event is 18.
Please note, this event is not organised by the Charlie Waller Trust but by Charity Challenge, a third party event organiser.
Can't make it to London? Join us for the Virtual Walk for Wellbeing.
Date: October 07 2023
Start Time: 06:30
End Time: 18:30
Event Capacity: 100
Cost: £45 registration fee plus a minimum of £250 in sponsorship.
Book your place and support mental health.
- From Richmond Park, you will walk along the banks of the eye-catching River Thames, passing iconic Westminster and Buckingham Palace and ending in Greenwich Park
- Tough but achievable urban challenge - this challenge is a test of your stamina and will leave you with an incredible sense of achievement
- The 10 Royal Parks you will trek through are: 1. Bushy Park, 2. Richmond Park, 3. Brompton Cemetry, 4. Kensington Gardens, 5. Hyde Park, 6. Green Park, 7. St James's Park, 8. Victoria Tower Gardens, 9. Regent's Park, 10. Greenwich Park
- Training tips given
- Raise much needed funds for the CWT
- Make new friends
- Encourage your colleagues or family and friends to take part with you
£45 per person and minimum £250 in sponsorship.
The Trip Includes:
- Sponsorship forms
- 12.5% off Cotswold Outdoor, Snow + Rock, and Runners Need
- Public Liability Insurance
- Risk assessment and emergency management planning
- Fitness training notes
- A-Z of fundraising ideas
- Support materials (itinerary, kit list, fact files, Q&As, health notes, travel tips, responsible travel policy and guidance)
- Fundraising advice
- Provided on the day of the Challenge:
- All challenge management before, during and post event
- Checkpoint snacks and drinks
- Packed lunch and drinks
- Drinks and snacks available throughout the day
The Trip Excludes:
- Personal travel insurance, personal equipment and clothing
- Personal items
We kindly ask you to raise a minimum of £250 in sponsorship. This is in addition to the £45 event cost per person.
We want to make sure that we provide you with all the support and encouragement needed to make this event an experience to remember. We want you to truly feel like you are a part of #TeamCharlieWaller.
As a challenge participant with #TeamCharlieWaller we’ll give you:
• Support from our lovely office team and a dedicated contact
• Branded technical top (T-shirt or vest)
• Tips for achieving your fundraising target
Booking Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for a guaranteed place for the Charlie Waller Trust.
Please read these carefully before registering for a place.
Charlie Waller London Royal Parks Challenge (the ‘Event’)
7 October 2023
Participation and Fundraising
By accepting a guaranteed place in the Event you agree with the Charlie Waller Trust (the 'Trust') that you:
• Will inform the Trust immediately if you are unable to take part in the Event
• Will pay a non-refundable registration fee of £45 to Charity Challenge by 7 August 2023
• Will pledge to raise a minimum of £250 for the Trust
• Will contact the Trust as soon as possible if you are not sure you are able to raise the funds required
• Will only use lawful means to fundraise for the Trust and will not do anything that harms or is likely to harm the reputation of the Trust
• Agree that Gift Aid payments cannot be counted towards your fundraising pledge and instead will be considered as over and above the pledged fundraising total
• Give permission for your name, photograph, feedback and comments to be used free of charge in any future publicity, advertising, fundraising materials and on our social media channels and/or promotion of the Trust. Please note that your data will be shared between Charity Challenge (Third party organiser) and the Trust for these purposes.
Health & Safety
I confirm that:
• I am taking part in the event at my own risk and will not hold the Trust responsible for any accident, injury or illness sustained
• I will prepare myself to the best of my ability for the physical challenge and will check with my doctor if I have any concerns as to whether I am medically fit to participate in the Event
• I will comply with the health and safety and other rules and regulations issued by the Event organisers
I accept all points stated in these terms and conditions.
Got a question about this event?
If you have a question about this event please get in touch. We will be happy to help.
Visit the official Charity Challenge website to find out more.
Find the challenge for you!
Are you looking for an active challenge?
We have partnered with Run for Charity meaning we have access to over 500 different active challenges!
Bridge Day with Andrew Robson
Join us for our Bridge Day with the esteemed Andrew Robson, at Englefield House.
London Supernova Run
Run the Supernova 5K route at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and raise vital funds for the Charlie Waller Trust!
The Charlie Waller Trust
The Charlie Waller Trust is a registered charity in England and Wales 1109984. A company limited by guarantee. Registered company in England and Wales 5447902. Registered address: The Charlie Waller Trust, First Floor, 23 Kingfisher Court, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 5SJ.
Copyright © 2023 The Charlie Waller Trust. All rights reserved.