Schools' mental health policy template
Writing a Mental Health and Wellbeing Policy for Schools
Did you know that one in six children of school age now has a diagnosable mental health problem?
It is imperative that schools develop and implement mental health policies and procedures to promote a safe environment for students.
These documents are designed to help schools to develop policies and procedures to empower staff to:
- Spot the warning signs of mental ill health.
- Support students in need of help.
- Follow appropriate referral pathways and procedures.
A well-developed and effectively implemented policy can prevent students from falling through the gaps.
The template and further information documents are customisable for each school.
The full pack contains a zipped folder. Use the ‘Download your pack here’ button to the left where you will be asked to fill in a form and the pack will be emailed to you.
This pack contains:
- Part A: Guidance for writing a mental health and wellbeing policy for schools
- Part B: A template for each school to customise their Positive Mental Health Policy and Procedures
- Appendices: Valuable resources with further information and sources of support about common mental health issues
Read more about creating a mental health policy for schools - click the button below.
Was this article helpful?Your feedback helps us create better content so if this article helped, please leave a like below and let others know.
The Charlie Waller Trust
The Charlie Waller Trust is a registered charity in England and Wales 1109984. A company limited by guarantee. Registered company in England and Wales 5447902. Registered address: The Charlie Waller Trust, First Floor, 23 Kingfisher Court, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 5SJ.
Copyright © 2023 The Charlie Waller Trust. All rights reserved.