Bath Half Marathon
Being active can really boost our mental wellbeing. If you’re a runner you probably know that!
It’s one of the messages we try to get across in our training and resources, to help children and young people learn to look after their mental health.
If you run the Bath Half for #TeamCharlieWaller, you’ll be helping give children, young people and those around them invaluable skills to take care of their mental health – skills that last a lifetime.
Run the Bath Half Marathon and enjoy a flat, fast route through picturesque streets, with up to 30,000 supporters lining the course.
Please read the terms and conditions before completing your booking.
Date: March 17 2024
Start Time: 9:30 AM
End Time: 2:00 PM
Event Capacity: 25
Cost: £0.00 - £30.00
Join #TeamCharlieWaller today!
Why run for the Charlie Waller Trust?
Run for Charlie Waller - actively promoting mental health!
Our work is more important now than ever: in 2023, about 1 in 5 children and young people aged 8 - 25 had a probable mental disorder. We think that’s far too high so we work with children right from their early years in primary school.
Some of our expert trainers work with children as young as four, using pictures, puppets and language they can relate to. This helps them learn that ‘All emotions are okay’, as explained in a brilliant book we recently sent to 282 schools through our free mental health book club.
We continue to be there for children as they grow up, providing free resources like our Wellbeing Action Plan, as well as training for staff and students in schools, colleges and universities.
Giving people hope
Importantly, we’re here for parents and carers too. With huge waiting lists, it can be so hard for parents to get the help they need for children struggling with their mental health. Our workshops and webinars can be a lifeline for parents and carers who don’t know where to turn while they’re waiting for professional support. One parent who attended sessions run by trainer Jenny Langley said:
“I did one of Jenny’s modules on eating disorders and self- harm, which has really helped with this…What Jenny gives us through the Charlie Waller Trust are invaluable skills that we need when we are in the face of such unimaginable challenges. Most of all, she has given us hope in a situation where it is very easy to lose all hope.”
Cost and registration
A guaranteed Charlie Waller Trust place costs £30
We kindly ask our runners to fundraise the minimum of £250 in sponsorship.
What to expect from us
It is brilliant that you would like to take part in the 2023 Bath Half Marathon and support our work.
We want to make sure that we provide you with all the support and encouragement needed to make this event a great experience to remember. We want you to truly feel like you are a part of #TeamCharlieWaller.
As a runner with #TeamCharlieWaller we’ll give you:
• Support from our lovely office team and a dedicated contact
• Branded technical running top
• Tips for achieving your fundraising target
We will use email to contact you and only ever call you if we need to discuss your application.
Join the Charlie Waller Trust cheer team!
We need your family and friends!
If your family and friends are planning on coming along to spectate, we would love for them to join our cheer squad! We’ll provide them with a t-shirt, flags, and noisemakers so it will be even easier for you to spot them along the route, for a much-needed boost of encouragement!
Our cheer team play a vital role in giving our runners the best experience possible. They help create a fantastic atmosphere and will feel rewarded knowing you’ve helped make a difference.
If any of your family or friends are interested in joining us on the day, please drop us an email to let us know they will be coming, and then bring them with you to the marquee before the race!
Already got your place?
Join #TeamCharlieWaller using your own registered place.
If you have already secured your own place for this event and would like to support us, please let us know using the FREE Eventbrite registration option 'I have my own place & want to support the charity'.
This will allow us to get in touch with you to provide support and encouragement as well as to send you our branded Charlie Waller technical running top. We want to be there for you as much as possible.
Terms & Conditions for a guaranteed place with the Charlie Waller Trust
Please read these carefully before registering for a place via Eventbrite. You will be asked to confirm that you accept these during the checkout process.
Bath Half Marathon (the ‘Event’)
Terms and Conditions for a guaranteed place for the Charlie Waller Trust.
Sunday 17 March 2024
Participation and Fundraising
By accepting a guaranteed place in the Event you agree with the Charlie Waller Trust (the 'Trust') that you:
- Will inform the Trust immediately if you are unable to take part in the Event.
- Will pledge to raise a minimum of £250 for the Trust.
- Will pay a registration fee of £30 (this is non-refundable and non-transferable, once my place has been confirmed)
- Will contact the Trust as soon as possible if you are not sure you are able to raise the funds required.
- Will only use lawful means to fundraise for the Trust and will not do anything that harms or is likely to harm the reputation of the Trust.
- Agree that Gift Aid payments cannot be counted towards your fundraising pledge and instead will be considered as over and above the pledged fundraising total.
- Give permission for your name, photograph, feedback and comments to be used free of charge in any future publicity, advertising, fundraising materials and on our social media channels and/or promotion of the Trust.
Health & Safety
I confirm that:
- I am taking part in the event at my own risk and will not hold the Trust responsible for any accident, injury or illness sustained.
- I will prepare myself to the best of my ability for the physical challenge and will check with my doctor if I have any concerns as to whether I am medically fit to participate in the Event.
- I will comply with the health and safety and other rules and regulations issued by the Event organisers.
I confirm that I will be at least 17 years old on Sunday 17 March 2024 and I accept all points stated in these terms and conditions.
Find the challenge for you!
Are you looking for an active challenge?
We have partnered with Run for Charity meaning we have access to over 500 different active challenges!
Bridge Day with Andrew Robson
Join us for our Bridge Day with the esteemed Andrew Robson, at Englefield House.
London Supernova Run
Run the Supernova 5K route at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and raise vital funds for the Charlie Waller Trust!
The Charlie Waller Trust
The Charlie Waller Trust is a registered charity in England and Wales 1109984. A company limited by guarantee. Registered company in England and Wales 5447902. Registered address: The Charlie Waller Trust, First Floor, 23 Kingfisher Court, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 5SJ.
Copyright © 2024 The Charlie Waller Trust. All rights reserved.